General Introduction to Ardabil
- General situation of Ardabil Province
Ardabil province with an area of 18 thousand square kilometers is in Northwest of Iran. According to the 2016 census Ardabil province had a population of 1270420 people that forms 1.6 percent of the total population.
Climatic characteristics of the province mainly include the four factors of Topography, energy balance (influenced by latitude), air currents and the presence of Caspian Sea in the Eastern part of the province.
- Geographical location and the number of counties of the province
Ardabil province has been located in the north of Iranian plateau between latitude 37 degrees and 45 minutes and 39 degrees and 42 minutes Northern latitude from the equator and 30 degrees and 47 minutes to 55 degree and 48 minutes Eastern longitude from Greenwich meridian in Northwest Iran. In the North and Northeast, Aras river and stretches of Talesh Mountain range , that is, mountains behind the sara and Bolgaria Balha River constituted the border river between the province and Azerbaijan Republic. In the East, Talesh and Baghrou mountains separate this line from Gilan province. From the West, it has led to the East Azerbaijan and in the South, Stretch of Mountain ranges, valleys and plains cause the topographic continuity of the province with Zanjan province.
Ardabil province with Ardabil city as its center has 10 counties, 26 cities and 29 geographical sections. Centers of the counties are Ardabil, Beelehsavaar, Parsabad, Khalkhal, Germi, Meshkinshahr, Keevi, Namin, Nir and Sarein.
- The relative density of population
According to the senses of the year 2016 the number of Ardabil province population was 1270420 people, 866034 of which equivalent to 68% were living in urban areas and 404236 people of them equivalent with 32% were living in Rural areas. During this period of time the share of province out of the whole population of the country has been 1.66 percent; and from this point of view the province has allocated the rank twentieth to itself in the whole country.
Population density in Ardabil province equals 71 people per square kilometer. Counties of Ardabil and Parsabad with 219.7 and 119 people per square kilometer have allocated the greatest of the population number per square kilometer for themselves. County of Nir with 19 people per square kilometer is considered the city with the lowest density in provincial level.
- Weather Conditions
In total there are three types of weather in Ardabil province:
A. Half wet and cold climate areas of central, southern and western province areas of the province
B. Cold and wet weather that has gripped mountainous, western and southern areas of the province.
C. Dry and temperate climate of the northern part of the province.
Based on meteorological data lowland areas of Darreh Rood, Aras, Dashteh Moghan and the facades of
The slopes of Sabalan are the coldest areas of the province.
- Mineral Waters of Ardabil Province
1. Series of modern mineral waters such as Iranian Compex, Sabalan, Pehenlou, Gahvesooee and other mineral waters such as Gaavmish Goli, Sari Soo, eyewater, Gara Sou (water for nerves), General water, Shafa souee, and Beshbajilar.
2. Series of modern mineral water theraphies such as Iranian Complex, Sabalan, Pehenlou, Ghahva Souee, and other hot or warm waters such as Gaav mish Goli, Sari Soo, eye water, Gara Sou (nerves water), Water General, Water Shafa, and Besh Bajilarl,
3. Series of mineral and hat waters of Meshkin Shahr: such as, Gotour Sooee, Shaabil, Gainarjah, Ilanlou, Movil, Malek Souee and Agh Sou and Valeh Zir
4. Sardaabeh and Ghayieh Sooee
5. Borjlou hot and mineral water and Ghainarjah in Nir county
6. Mineral water of Beeleh Daregh in the slopes of Sabalan
7. Khalkhal and Kosar warm and mineral waters
- Lakes of Ardabil Province
1. Shourabil Lake
2. Neur Lake
3. Shor Gol Lake
4. Noshahr Lake
5. Aaloucheh Lake
6. Kamiabaad Lake
7. Molla Ahmad Lake
8. Gara Sou Swamp which is waterfowl habitat
- Mountains and Rivers of Ardabil Province
Sabalan Mountains whose peak i.e. Soultan Savalan with a height of 4811 m is the third highes point in Iran. Funnel-shaped crater of this mountain has become in the shape of a very aesthetically pleasing lake and its margins are covered with ice and snow during the year. In addition to Sabalan Mountain, Baghrou Highlands (Talesh), Salavat Mountain, Khorouslu are also among the high mountains of the province.
1. Aras (Araz)
2. Gara Sou (Black water)
3. Darrah Rood (Valley River)
4. Kheyav Chaaee (Kheyav River)
5. Namin Chaaee (Namin River)
Anbaran’s Kilim, Jajim, shawl, Anbaran’s Masnad, Pottery, wood like diaphoretic industries, Pottery, wood like diaphoretic, embossing and woodturning, leather and carpet products (Ardabil’s Gooba rug is very famous), Crochet, carpet, saddle bags, shiny leather (shiny leather and some kind of mat for sitting on containing colors and plans adapted from beautiful nature of Azerbaijan, are woven mostly by Şahseven tribes of Moghan Plain). Among the handicrafts of the province Masnad (some kind of pillow for sitting on) of Namin is internationally famous and is considered as important export items of the province to other points Iran and foreign countries.
- Advantages and Capabilities of Ardabil Province
1. Enjoying the natural attractions, cultural and historical (lakes, rivers, mineral waters, monuments and cultural heritage, etc.) as the field of tourism development.
2. Existence of Rangeland resources, diverse vegetation for the development of forestry activities, animal husbandry and beekeeping.
3. Existence of rich resources of the soil for developing the Mechanized farming activities at provincial level.
4. High production of agricultural products as the ground for development of processing industries and packaging.
5. Existence of border and customs terminals (co-border with Azerbaijan) to develop commercial activities.
6. Availability for mineral resources and deposits such as Rubble stone, travertine, marble, calcite, copper, silica and...
7. having a variety of horticultural crops produced in the cities of the province.
8. Availability for foreign investment by neighboring countries and adjacent areas of the province.
9. Availability for regional exchange in the province and field of activity in the capital market.